Welcome to the New Zealand Export Credit Office
The New Zealand Export Credit Office (NZECO) provides financial guarantee products for New Zealand exporters and banks. Our products help exporters manage risk and capitalise on trade opportunities around the globe.
As well as working directly with exporters, we work closely with commercial financiers in New Zealand and offshore to support and improve the competitiveness of New Zealand exporters. NZECO is currently located in the Treasury and obligations to third parties are guaranteed by the New Zealand government.
NZECO’s guarantee products are intended to extend the capacity of facilities in the private sector. The Government’s maximum liability under the scheme is NZD 740 million.
- Loan guarantee bridges wine deal28 Jul 2014
- Top-up insurance gives exporter comfort20 May 2014
- Berne Union celebrates 80 years of supporting trade and investment and nears US$ 2 trillion in export cover14 May 2014
- Bond a catalyst for growth into Africa17 Dec 2013
- Insurance allows first-time exporter to realise opportunity15 Oct 2013
- NZECO Annual Report - 1 July 2012 to 30 June 201314 Oct 2013
Information for Exporters and Banks
Exporters should review our range of guarantee products.
NZECO Website Survey
We'd like to improve the NZECO website, please take our short survey to help us understand how you are using the site.
Download NZECO Brochure (708 KB)
Download Top-up Cover Policy
Click on the link for information about the trade credit insurance, top-up cover arrangement between NZECO and Euler Hermes, and a specimen NZECO Top-up Cover Policy:
- NZECO Top-up Cover Policy (45 KB)