Welcome to the New Zealand Export Credit Office
The New Zealand Export Credit Office (NZECO) provides financial guarantee products for New Zealand exporters and banks. Our products help exporters manage risk and capitalise on trade opportunities around the globe.
As well as working directly with exporters, we work closely with commercial financiers in New Zealand and offshore to support and improve the competitiveness of New Zealand exporters. NZECO is currently located in the Treasury and obligations to third parties are guaranteed by the New Zealand government.
NZECO’s guarantee products are intended to extend the capacity of facilities in the private sector. The Government’s maximum liability under the scheme is NZD 740 million.
- NZECO Bonds Underwrite Export Deals (National Business Review)14 May 2013
- Q & A Session: Observations from NZECO's Swedish Secondee22 Mar 2013
- New Zealand Export Credit Office helps exporters bid for Canadian government-funded contracts21 Mar 2013
- Q & A with PowerSmart on Tokelau solar power project and NZECO support21 Mar 2013
- Govt extends support for exporters (Beehive website)20 Dec 2012
- NZECO Supports Milk Powder Packaging Lines and Equipment into China13 Dec 2012
- NZECO Q&A with G Tech Group13 Dec 2012
- Northstar Trade Finance Enters into Agreement with NZECO13 Dec 2012
- NZECO Annual Report - 1 July 2011 to 30 June 201212 Dec 2012
- Tim Sole and Burke Steel appointed to NZECO advisory board30 Nov 2012
- Funding Trade, Getting Paid (Exporter Magazine, July/August 2012 issue)9 Jul 2012
Information for Exporters and Banks
Exporters should review our range of guarantee products.
Download NZECO Brochure (708 KB)
Download Top-up Cover Policy
Click on the link for information about the trade credit insurance, top-up cover arrangement between NZECO and Euler Hermes, and a specimen NZECO Top-up Cover Policy:
- NZECO Top-up Cover Policy (45 KB)