Welcome to the New Zealand Export Credit Office
The New Zealand Export Credit Office (NZECO) provides financial guarantee products for New Zealand exporters and banks. Our products help exporters manage risk and capitalise on trade opportunities around the globe.
As well as working directly with exporters, we work closely with commercial financiers in New Zealand and offshore to support and improve the competitiveness of New Zealand exporters. NZECO is currently located in the Treasury and obligations to third parties are guaranteed by the New Zealand government.
NZECO’s guarantee products are intended to extend the capacity of facilities in the private sector. The Government’s maximum liability under the scheme is NZD 740 million.
What we do
Mitigate Repayment Risk
The NZECO may assist exporters to mitigate the effects of a buyer cancelling a contract or defaulting on its payments, as a consequence of commercial or political events beyond an exporter's control.
Secure Export Sales
When negotiating export contracts the finance terms offered to, or required by an international buyer, may be a critical element in securing the deal.
Working in partnership with an exporter's bank, the NZECO may help successful exporters secure overseas contract.
Access Trade Finance
The NZECO works with banks to address the trade finance challenges exporters face when delivering on export contracts. The NZECO's guarantee and credit insurance products may be assigned or issued directly to an exporter's bank to enable an exporter to access additional trade finance or bonding facilities.
Information for Exporters and Banks
Exporters should review our range of guarantee products.
NZECO Website Survey
We'd like to improve the NZECO website, please take our short survey to help us understand how you are using the site.
- NZECO Annual Report - 1 July 2013 to 30 June 201421 Oct 2013
- PowerSmart delivers Solar Systems in the Pacific17 Oct 2014
- Summary of Findings of NZECO's Business Survey17 Oct 2014
- Loan guarantee bridges wine deal28 Jul 2014
- Top-up insurance gives exporter comfort20 May 2014
- Berne Union celebrates 80 years of supporting trade and investment and nears US$ 2 trillion in export cover14 May 2014
- Bond a catalyst for growth into Africa17 Dec 2013
- Insurance allows first-time exporter to realise opportunity15 Oct 2013
- NZECO Annual Report - 1 July 2012 to 30 June 201314 Oct 2013
Download NZECO BrochureNZECO Brochure (PDF 758 KB)
Top-up Cover Policy
Click on the link for information about the trade credit insurance, top-up cover arrangement between NZECO and Euler Hermes, and a specimen NZECO Top-up Cover Policy:NZECO Top-up Cover Policy (PDF 45 KB)
- Loan Guarantee (DOC 138 KB)
- Export (Post-Shipment) Credit Guarantee (DOC 144 KB)
- Contract Bond Guarantee (DOC 196 KB)