How to Apply
If you are looking for a NZECO solution, take a look at the steps involved from an enquiry through to policy issue.
1. Application to NZECO
- You complete an application form relative to the type of guarantee you need, and provide supporting information.
- You pay an assessment fee.
2. Assessment by NZECO
- Our underwriters assess your application.
- Additional information may be sought from you, your bank, insurer and /or your buyer.
- We then make a decision on your application.
3. If your application is approved
- We will send you a Letter of Offer which will include our pricing and any special terms or condition for support.
- You notify us that you accept the offer.
- You or your bank receive our Policy documents for signing.
- We sign the Policy documents.
- You pay the Premium and any other fees that may be required.
- You provide NZECO with notice of payments/shipment and achievement of performance milestones as required under the Policy documents.
Contact one of our business originators to discuss your export opportunities and how NZECO's solutions may support your business.
Tel: +64 4 917 6060
If you would like to email us an enquiry, please provide answers to the questions below, as they relate to the export opportunity you are seeking a NZECO solution for. We will conduct a pre-screening and provide you with an indication of our support.
You can use this template email for an export credit enquiry to email NZECO staff. It will launch a draft email message with the checklist of information required from exporters (below) in the body of the email and is addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information checklist sought from exporters:
- What are the goods / services or project you are delivering?
- Have you completed similar projects/contracts previously? If so, please provide a brief summary.
- What country are you delivering your exports to?
- Who is / are the buyer/s? - Name, Address, Website.
- What trading experience do you have with the buyer(s)?
- What is the approximate value of the entire transaction?
- What is the approximate value of your share of the transaction (if different)?
- Payment / Credit terms
- What advance payment(s) will you receive?
- Is your buyer seeking credit terms? If so, how long are these credit terms?
- Are you seeking additional lending, bonding facilities and/or equity investment to support this export opportunity? If so, what is the value of this?
- Who is your bank and what is the name of your bank relationship manager?
- Contract Status
- Confirm whether you have already been awarded this export contract, or you whether you are prospecting, bidding or negotiating an export opportunity.
Confirm if you are looking for:
- Short-Term Trade Credit
- Surety Bond Guarantee
- General Contract Bond Guarantee
- Loan Guarantee
- Pre-credit Insurance
- Export Credit Guarantee